For a lot of people, going on holiday means getting away from it all, and finally having a chance to relax, unwind, and take it easy, miles away from the stresses of city life and the everyday monotony of work.
Everyone needs a holiday once in a while – there’s a reason that a minimum of twenty days of paid holiday is mandatory in employment law! And if your main reason for the holiday is to de-stress, could there possibly be a better destination than a spa? We certainly can’t think of one!
It doesn’t matter if you’re getting away from the family or with them; a good spa should have plenty to keep everyone occupied and entertained. If you are taking the kids, make sure they have loads of programmes for children – this means you can have them out of your hair while you unwind!
If it doesn’t already sound heavenly enough for you, here are some of the benefits you can expect to receive by indulging in a luxurious spa holiday.
Going to a great spa can do wonders for your body, both in the way you feel and the way you look. If you are worried about looking good in that bikini/those Bermuda shorts on the beach this summer, head on over to a wellness spa to get that figure into glorious shape!
We’ll cover fitness spas in the next section, but the vast majority of spas will all offer some forms of beauty treatment, whether that’s a mud facial or a simple manicure. No matter what treatment you go for, good spa attendants will make you feel fab about yourself.
If you are purely after relaxation, why not choose a massage? A hot stone massage will work wonders on your tired, worn-out muscles, and really help take your mind off things. If you’re feeling the pinch in your limbs, go for the more intense Swedish massages – that masseur will easily iron out those knots!
As we’ve said, a fitness spa can really help you get into shape – not only are there specialised diet spas, which focus on giving you balanced, low-calorie (and more importantly, gourmet) meals, but there are also ones which use physical fitness as their goal.
They’re not just for women; men are attending them more and more frequently. A fitness trainer will work with you to create a personalised workout regime, taking you from fat to fit in no time!
Losing weight is one of the best things you can do for your overall health – it decreases your chances of diabetes, heart attacks, and high blood pressure, making you feel much better in yourself and giving you more energy for everyday tasks.
Detox programmes can also be really good for you, as they cleanse your body of any toxins, which should improve your skin and decrease any digestive problems. Great!
- Cruising the Galápagos with childrenBlessed with a pleasant year round climate and abundant holiday activities, the Galapagos Islands have become a popular destination with discriminating travellers. Both amateur and professional natural scientists find Galapagos …
- The London Top 10 Hit ListLondon may not have the fantastic architectural marvels that Rome or Paris can boasts, but as the seat of the Crown and the British Empire, the influence of London and …
- Discover Caye Caulkner on a Caribbean cruiseThe Caribbean is a great destination to visit if you love sun, sea and sand, and my first experience with the region was a trip to Belize. For the ultimate …
- 7 Great Reasons You Should Climb KilimanjaroOver 40,000 people per year set out to climb Kilimanjaro. It’s the world’s highest freestanding mountain, referred to by some as ‘everyman’s Everest’. Mountain climbing can obviously give you a …
- A State of Bliss: In Vienna, the City of DreamsOne of the most culturally renowned capitals in the world, Vienna is a wonderful mix of artistic and imperial history. With nicknames such as the “city of dreams” and the …