Australia is known all over the world for having some of the most spectacular beaches on the planet. There are an abundance to choose from and all are beautifully maintained and have earned their place as having some of the cleanest beaches in the world. Combine it with enviable weather and Australia is the place to be for those that are after the world’s finest beaches.
If you don’t know where to start – you are not alone – here’s a selection of the very finest.
Wineglass Bay, Tasmania
Wineglass Bay is listed as one of the Top 10 Beaches in the world – and it’s not hard to see why. Perched on the Freycinet Peninsula, the bay is a flawless sweeping horseshoe of cashmere white sand and mesmerising azure waters that lap gracefully onto the shore. Basking in glory at the foot of rugged granite peaks, this is one of the most incredible places of natural beauty in the world. Popular as a honeymoon destination, this Tasmanian east coastal treasure is a journey of true indulgence.
Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays, Queensland
Famous for its almost pure white silica sandy beaches and spectacular views, the lush coral reefs and all year round sunshine, it is easy to see why some people consider Whitehaven to be the Most Beautiful Beach in Australia. Sweeping along over a whopping 7km, the beach has a number of tucked away bays and firths opening out to undiscovered lagoons. You could be forgiven in thinking you have arrived on a studio set – set up to perfection – but you have definitely arrived paradise.
Byron Bay Beach, New South Wales
What was once well known as a hippy town, Byron Bay has evolved over the years to become one of the hottest beach front spots in beach-blessed NSW. Now a trendy coastal holiday town alive with classy eateries, shopping and nightlife, the biggest draw card continues to be the beaches. It goes without saying that the scenery is magnificent, the weather spectacular and the surf brings some big name surfers to out to the waves. There are plenty of allocated dog friendly areas so you can bring your pet with you too.
75 Mile Beach, Fraser Island
The largest sand island in the world – hence its name – 75 Mile Beach on Fraser Island is a cacophony of delights. Crystal clear azure waters, sweeping white beach sand all along the rugged peninsula absolutely makes this one of Mother Nature’s finest offerings. Hop on a ferry from Hervey Bay to bring your vehicle along, or you can make a grand entrance and land directly on the beach itself having flown in on a chartered light plane. Dip in the champagne pools and check out the freshwater lakes – you will never want to leave.
Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast
There are plenty of areas along the Gold Coast that are just heaving with tourists – locals and visitors alike, loafing at the beach front cafes and crowding up the beach front. But luckily there is a little coastal gem, right under the nose of the major highway that has all been but forgotten. Virtually untouched, Burleigh Heads has managed to retain much of is island resort charm, without succumbing to the heavy tourist hype. Family friendly, quiet and charming, the area is rich in marine and wild life and is one of the best places to whale watch during migratory season. There’s plenty of surf, a nice 4 km boardwalk, and peace and tranquillity on the beach front like it used to be before the developers moved in.
So keep your eyes peeled for cheap flights to Australia; no matter where you go, you will be able to find a slice of coastal magic right on your doorstep. Much of the beauty is a testament to the Australian people who are committed to keeping their beaches clean and intact; preserving the environment with strict legislation and everyone works together to leave the beaches in exactly the way they found it – pristine and gorgeous.
- Top European Cities for your Next Vacation AbroadEurope is the perfect place to plan your next vacation abroad; the Euro is trending lower against most major currencies, and with the continent’s intra-country transport networks working in top …
- Exploring Vilnius, LithuaniaThe city of Vilnius, located in the east of Lithuania, is one of the most attractive and alluring destinations for those tourists interested in exploring Eastern Europe and visiting an …
- Quick Guide For Holiday HomePhuket is one of the top holiday destination visited in the world. It is the largest island that is part of Thailand. You will love to stay here where the …
- Why We All Deserve a Spa HolidayFor a lot of people, going on holiday means getting away from it all, and finally having a chance to relax, unwind, and take it easy, miles away from the …
- Staying on Marina Cay – What You Should KnowMarina Cay has a beautiful and calm climate. In the peak season of the winter months, the temperatures are high 70’s during the day, and low 70’s in the evening. …